Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pause II: Lady M, UES

[Note: Pause II actually took place before Pause I.]

One nice thing about a work day that starts at 3PM...

Lunch.


Me making the best of a doctor's appointment that was scheduled for too early, and shorter than expected.

Since I was in the neighborhood, and had a good two hours before I needed to be at work, I decided to check out Lady M Cake Boutique for a nice ($$$) cup of coffee, and uh, professional research.

Meet the Mille Crepe, Lady M's signature cake, for good reason.





Not the worst way to start a day.

Twenty layers of lacy crepe, cushioned by light-as-air vanilla custard. There are no words. Too many words.

My only criticism is that the bruleed top--while providing that lovely toasted sugar flavor--didn't give way to my all-too-eager fork as easily as it could have, as you can see from the last photo.
But...seriously. No, seriously.
I am not complaining. That is like a gun-to-my-head forced critique. Because I am, after all, a professional.

Lol.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't Lady M furnish Keans with many of their desserts? Including that amazing cheesecake that did a gorgeous number on my lactose-semi-tolerant stomach?

    Also, your RSS feed posted this, like, 5 times.

    ReplyDelete